Things to know before you go!
- MAKE PLANS – Use the printed guide or the online listing to find events that interest you. Events are searchable by categories, dates, and towns so you can discover activities you love or places you’ve never been.
- CHECK IN- Some events require reservations in advance. If an event specifies that they require reservations, make sure you reserve your spot. Instructions on how to RSVP should be included in the event listing.
- WATCH THE WEATHER – Many events depend on good weather. If you are uncertain if the weather will affect an event, check the online listing for special weather instructions.
- DRESS FOR THE OCCASION – Always wear appropriate clothing & footwear. Sneakers or comfortable walking shoes are recommended for almost every event and required for some. If you’re unsure, get in touch!
- PACK A BAG – If you’re going to multiple events, we recommend packing a bag with the essentials: water, sunscreen, bug spray, a jacket, & snacks. Don’t think a snack will cut it? Essex County towns are filled with great restaurants! Make a day of it & grab a bite to eat in town.
- BRING A FRIEND – Adventures are better with a buddy…and Trails & Sails gets better every year because you spread the word! Invite friends & family along for the adventure as you explore special places in Essex County.
- REACH OUT – Any questions about specific events should be directed to that event host. Not sure who to talk to? Just give Essex Heritage a shout and we’ll point you in the right direction: 978-740-0444